Sunday, July 8, 2012

Milani Glitters!

Today I have for you select shades from Milani's glitter lines: One Coat Glitter and Jewel Fx.  My sample bottles are missing the line names, but the ones sold in stores are labeled accordingly.

First up I have the One Coat Glitters.


Twinkle, 1 coat layered over a light yellow: composed of small blue and fine violet glitter.  Twinkle is supposed to be a One Coat Glitter but as you can see it isn't opaque enough in one coat.  I personally would use this as a layering glitter.  Doesn't it look nice over yellow?


Lavender Fizz, 1 coat over pink: made of fine and small lavender glitter.  The formula on this one wasn't opaque in one coat either.  This was the first One Coat I swatched.  Of course I tried to wear it on it's own, but it wasn't very opaque at 2-3 coats, so I reswatched it over this pink.

Verdict:  While the colors for these One Coat Glitters were lovely, I was disappointed that they weren't opaque in one coat as claimed.  They didn't look promising at two either.  If you aren't looking to wear these alone, they do make nice layering glitters.

* * *

Next up are a few of the new Jewel Fx shades.


Lavender, 1 coat over Orchidia: composed of medium lavender and fine purple glitter. 


Fuchsia, 1 coat over Teddy Brown: medium and fine fuchsia glitter.  My pictures are a bit off.  This is the same color of glitter present in Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia and Deborah Lippman's Bad Romance.


Hot Pink, 1 coat over Signature Gold: mix of medium pink and holographic glitter.  I wouldn't say the glitter is exactly hot pink.  It's more of a bright jewel toned pink.  This layering combination makes me think of traditional Indian sari.



shade
Teal, 1 coat over Sail Away: medium and fine blue glitter mixed with medium green and silver glitter.  My favorite of the bunch.  The shade picture is a more accurate depiction of how Teal looks.  The green glitter is a gorgeous lime green and the blue glitters are a lovely shade of bright blue.  Don't you just love this Teal + Sail Away combo?

Verdict:  Gorgeous new additions to the Jewel Fx line with unique colors like Hot Pink and Teal.  If you're into layering, it's worth checking these out.  They're all made of great quality glitters that lie flat on the nail bed.  For layering purposes, one coat will give you enough coverage.

You can find these Milani glitters at Walgreens and CVS for $4.99 each.  You can also order them online at www.milanicosmetics.com.


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh these are really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so pretty..my favorite is twinkle...btw what yellow is that? I need a good light yellow

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them are really pretty, but my favorite combination is with Twinkle! It goes really well with the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I have a Jordana Glitters polish that looks just like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all great pairing but I love Twinkle over yellow, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous, but I'm in love with the pale yellow+Twinkle...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my favorite combo as well. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's quite possible they're the same polish, as both Milani and Jordana are owned by the same corporation. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! It's my favorite as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! The yellow is Dr.'s Remedy Youthful Yellow! Check out my latest post for more info. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful combos! LOVE your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)