Wednesday, July 11, 2012

China Glaze Fall 2012 On Safari Swatches

Hello, hello!  I'm so excited to show you these new China Glaze On Safari shades today.  I have five from the collection, so let's get to it! :D  My swatches are all shown without top coat. 


Man Hunt, 2 coats: bright blue creme-jelly hybrid.  I love how blue this is.  It looks navy indoors, but outdoors it's so blue and yummy.  It seemed more like a jelly on the first coat, but it became nice and opaque at two.  Even though it's opaque, I think it still looks kind of squishy.  The formula was nice as well.



Exotic Encounters, 2 coats: a dusty teal-green creme.  The formula was excellent on this one.  It practically painted itself.  Exotic Encounters was also the color I was most excited about, and it didn't disappoint!



Purr-fect Plum, 2 coats: a dark plum/berry creme.  Nothing too unique, but quite flattering.  I know this is going on my toes once fall rolls around.  The formula was good like the others.



I Herd That, 3 coats: very fine gold and orange glitter with blue and green glitters; possibly holographic.  The glitters are so fine, it's hard to tell.  I mostly get glowing blues and greens sparkling through the mass of gold and orange, but it does have a holographic glitter quality to it because of how sparkly it is.  This is one of the colors that would have escaped my radar if I hadn't had a chance to try it out myself.  The blue and green glitters really make this one for me.  I love it a lot more than I thought it would.  The formula was perfect, and it becomes relatively opaque in 2 coats.



Prey Tell, 2 coats: a vampy maroon-brown creme.  Look how shiny and squishy this is!  I found the formula to be okay.  It required some concentration on my part, just because of how dark it is.  It was a little harder to get clean rounded edges near the cuticles, and dry time was a bit slow.  I'd recommend waiting a little between coats to avoid drag.


Verdict: All the colors I've tried had excellent formulas, except for Prey Tell.  Even then I'd say that Prey Tell was one of the less finicky vampy red-browns I have tried so far.  I knew from the beginning that I was going to love Exotic Encounters, and it lived up to my expectations in both color and formula.  Also included in my list of favorites are Man Hunt and I Herd That, which turned out to be an unexpected favorite.


The China Glaze® On Safari collection will be available at fine salons and beauty supply stores nationwide in July 2012.  Individual polishes retail for $7 MSRP; the 6-piece sets retail for $42 MSRP. 



Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful swatches! Very excited for Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually a pretty big fan of this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous swatches, I do need more of them than first expected LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, but my favorite is the two last ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice photos of this collection. I was surprised it was going to come out so early summer it seemed - but all of fashion/retail starts to now clear summer stuff in June and by mid July the Aug back to school preview stuff is in. It's made me start to look for new summer sandals or what I need to replace for summer ware in the cold of Feb and March or I won't get those new white crops or whatever it is I need! From this collection I bought Jungle Queen, the blue one (not sure why I have others just like it) and the red one. The red one is one of those really great cream formulas that covers and levels in one coat that blows my mind when I see that. But I always put 2 coats on so I get a longer lasting mani/pedi. I am so in love with the performance of the red cream in this collection, I am going to go through my collection and get rid of some really close similar colors from OPI and Essie mostly that don't have very good formulas. I am thinking I might want to get Desert Sun. I can see wearing that come fall up to holiday - but I want to take with me my OPI and Apple Pie as well as OPI Ginger Bells and one Essie from last fall 2011 - thinking it's called something 'Structured' .... the one about the different purses collection - I am thinking Desert Sun might be too close to what I have already - but if the formula on Desert Sun is as great at this collection's red one is - I would opt to pick it up just based on that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prety Tell is amazing... too bad about the formula :/ I have a few colors like it that have poor formulas too, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a great replacement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)