Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie

My first Rescue Beauty Lounge purchase!  I don't know why but when I get these high end brands, I'm always surprised by how tiny the bottles are.  I think it's cause I'm used to seeing macro shots of them online.  Does this happen to anyone else?

Scrangie, 2 coats.  Scrangie has a purple base with silvery-teal shimmer.  The shade was inspired by a beetle's wing and named after its creator, the infamous blogger Scrangie.  The formula was flawless and covers well in two easy coats.  This is one of the many shades that were discontinued by the time I became interested in polish, which resulted in much lament.  When it was finally brought back, I did a little dance and immediately grabbed it.  So the question is does it live up to the hype?

In my opinion, sadly no.  I think my expectations for this polish were extremely high, especially since it was a lemming.  Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful polish.  I can see why people love it.  But I think the hype just ruined it for me.  I expected it to completely blow me away, but my reaction was more like, 'hmm pretty.'  Personally, I find the teal shimmer too weak.  I really wish the teal was a stronger, like BAM! Teal! Purple!  But the teal shimmer is more on the silvery side.  It does look a bit stronger outdoors than it does indoors.


Overall, I'm still happy to own Scrangie even if I was a bit disappointed initially.  Scrangie can be bought online at Rescue Beauty Lounge.  It's a bit on the pricey side as it is $18 for 0.4 fl oz.  What do you think?  Is this a polish you would splurge on?


P.S. You might notice my nails switch between square and round, which will basically tip you off on which swatches are old and new. -___-;;


Liz

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I know what you mean about wanting the teal to be stronger, but I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did splurge on this shade this last time (think it's the 3rd release now but not positive) it came available. It's very pretty and like you, I am glad I own it. I think often these older lemmings don't blow us away when we do get some of them because the technology in polish land has blown it's top off in the past 2+ years. So we end up with lower cost polishes now having far more 'stuff' in them and 'about' them. With regard to your wanting more teal sparkle showing up in this shade, I have a solution I found that works most of the time. Last summer Revlon came out with a collection of sheer very small single color micro glitters in the first collection of their summer scented polishes (you can still find some of them around at Rite Aide and other stores and semi reasonable on ick bay too). These really help me boost my needs a bit more polishes I have. Like you, I had a OPI DS Royal on that I wanted more of the micro teal to show up that is buried in it. A coat or 2 of my Revlon scented (think it is called mint) worked great! I got a # of these Revlons, even picking up shades like the yellow that I normally would not use. Watermelon is the hardest one I think to find as it was the most desired. Revlon released 2 collections last summer of scented polishes so watch out - the 2nd collection is opaque shades (MaCherie, something about Blueberry, etc). The ones that are micro glitter sheers all have FIZZ on the end of their color name I am pretty sure. With Scraggie, I pop a layer of Revlon Mint and a layer of Revlon Grapefruit (a pink that would like to be a fuchsia but is not quite there). It pops Scraggie up a lot. I had LaBoheme on my lemming list and now it's off because there are so many out there now that don't have the amount of duochrome in them that the first batch did. Also, I have seen the 1st batch one, and it does not wow me - it's more for collectors 'rights'....you can say you have the original LaBoheme or the holo version of OPI My Private Jet. Just be glad your lemming did not take you to the secondary market paying $65 or $75+ for Scraggie like it will hit again. Hope you can find the Revlon scented fizzes -they are a good thing to have around to beef up a lot of shades and give it something more without that something being really in your face glitter or altering the base shade - just boosting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun color, i love it! you get your polish on so perfectly, it looks great xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my first RBL purchase too! I only bought Scrangie and Locavore. I wasnt aware of the hype with Scrangie when I got around to buying it so I didnt have any really high expectations, except for the fact that it was a $18 polish. It's very pretty, but Locavore was the one that blew me away from my purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great swatch. I have this weakness for purple nail polish, and to be honest I don't own nearly enough of it! I'll be looking into getting this one. It's pricey for sure, but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FlirtingwithfashionMarch 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

    i love this colour :) it's so beautiful! and I think it suits you so well.

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)